What is the Southeast Wisconsin Solar Group Buy (SWSGB) Program?
- The program is designed to provide residents, farms and small businesses with educational seminars to inform and promote the cost-saving and sustainable benefits of solar technology and provide property owners the opportunity to invest in lower cost solar installations through a limited time volume-purchasing program in Racine, Kenosha and Walworth counties.
- Modeled on successful programs in Milwaukee, Madison, Seattle, Portland
What Are the Steps in the Process for Going Solar?
- To begin, complete our online Solar Analysis Form. This will provide our installer with some basic contact and energy usage information. Once the form is submitted, the installer may contact you for a copy of energy bills or have you sign a release to obtain your energy consumption data from your utility.
- Once our installer has a clear understanding of your energy usage, they will begin developing a Solar Analysis report which will outline the financial and environmental benefits of solar. The report will factor in local historic weather data, federal and state incentive programs, carbon off-set factors, payback period and more. The installer will review the report with you to further provide education and determine if solar is a viable option for your location and energy needs.
- Should you wish to move forward with solar after reviewing the Solar Analysis, our installer will design and engineer a custom solar array for your specific energy needs. An onsite inspection of your property may be required during this process.
- Once the design and engineering is completed, you will be presented with a visual blueprint of the project followed by a contract for installation of your new solar array.
Why participate in the SWSGB Group Buy Program?
- Competitive Bid for the Selection of a Qualified Contractor
- Community-Led Outreach and Career Training
- Limited-Time Offering
- Strong Customer Education
- Economy of Scale
- EVERYONE WINS!